Want to automatically share your Instagram Reels to your Facebook profile? This cross-platform publication is possible in several ways. As you may already know, Instagram and Facebook are owned by the same Meta company. They are both social media platforms with the same goal of allowing people to connect with each other and share their stories and updates.
Meta has developed a new concept called Accounts Center that helps users manage their connected experiences on Facebook, Instagram and The Metaverse at the same location. This also includes a feature using which you can automatically share your Instagram Reels to your Facebook profile.
In this article, we will show you how to enable this cross-platform sharing on Instagram. For this particular method, you don’t need to use any third-party app. We will also discuss an alternative method where you can upload your Instagram Reels and then post them manually to your Facebook profile. Let’s explore all these methods!
Connect Facebook account to Instagram
The first thing you need to do is to connect your Facebook account and your Instagram profile. This can be done from the Accounts Center settings on your Instagram. You will only be able to share your Instagram Reels on Facebook when both of your accounts are connected. If you haven’t done so yet, here’s how you can connect them –
- Open the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone.
- Press your profile picture avatar in the lower right corner. This will take you to your Instagram profile.
- Click now menu button (three parallel lines) in the upper right corner, then select Settings from the menu options.
- Click on Account Center option at the bottom, then tap Configure Account Center.
- On the next screen, click Add a Facebook account option and login your facebook id which you want to login with your Instagram profile. You can select one that you are already connected to.
- Complete the setup and you have successfully connected your Instagram account to Facebook. You can manage your linked accounts from the Account Center at any time.
Once you’ve connected the two accounts, you’ll have the option to share your Instagram Reels to Facebook the moment you post them. Here is a step by step guide –
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Faucet Reels at the bottom or click the + button in the upper right corner and select Reels.
- Record a new video for your reel or add an existing video from your camera roll. Press the Next button to continue.
- Now you can Modify your reel by adding music, stickers, GIF pictures, text and other elements. Press the Next button again.
- On the final share screen, you can write a caption, add Hashtags, choose a cover photo for your Instagram reel. Enable the toggle button that says Share on Facebook.
- Now you can Post the reel on your Instagram and it will be automatically shared to your Facebook account which you have linked under Account Center.
Instagram has an option that lets you automatically share all of your future reels to Facebook. This option can be activated from the Account Center. If you don’t want to enable the Share to Facebook option every time you post a new reel, you can use this method.
If you don’t want to share a particular reel on your Facebook profile, you always have the option to disable sharing when posting your reel. This step-by-step guide will show you how to enable automatic sharing of your Instagram Reels on Facebook –
- Launch it Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to your profile section by clicking on your profile picture icon in the lower right corner.
- Now open the menu by clicking on three parallel lines in the upper right corner.
- Click on Settings option in the menu, then press Accounts Center in the next screen.
- After that click on Sharing between profiles then tap on your Instagram profile.
- Below “Share to», select the Facebook account on which you want to share your reels. You will find a section named “Share automatically”. Enable the toggle button next to “Your Instagram Reels”. If this option is not enabled, press Configure and then click the Allow button.
This is an alternative method to share your Instagram Reels to Facebook. In this method, you must first Download your Instagram Reel then post it manually to your Facebook profile. For those of you who have a creator account on Instagram, you can use the built-in feature to upload your reels.
For this, open the reel on your profile and tap on three dots in the upper right corner. This will open up a bunch of options on your screen. Select Save to your device option. Wait for it to download your reel.
Once downloaded, you can find it in your gallery or in the Photos application. With this method, you will get a watermark on your reel with your username, Instagram logo, and audio name in the bottom left corner.
You can now post the downloaded reel to your Facebook profile as you normally would any other video. Another way to download Instagram reels to your phone is to use an online Instagram video downloader. There are many websites that offer this possibility. You can use this one named igram.io
All you have to do is just copy your Instagram reel link by tapping three dots and then clicking Link option. You will see a dialog box saying “Link copied to clipboard”.
Now visit the Instagram reel downloader website and paste the link you copied. It will analyze the web page and generate a download link for your reel. Hit the Download button and wait for it to complete.