Beef Nehari Recipe
Beef Nehari Recipe – A popular and tasty Beef Nehari dish is at your command. Make it at home using our special formula. It is typically served as a dessert at supper parties or special occasions. Leave your thoughts in the remark section.
Time 0:45 – 0:15
- 1) Beef, bong meat cut in 4-6 pieces 1 kg
- 2) Nulli / marrow bones 1 kg
- 3) Medium onions, finely sliced 3
- 4) Chilli powder 1 tbsp
- 5) Garam masala powder 1 tbsp
- 6) Water 6 ltrs
- 7) Ata / fine whole meal flour used for bread making 5 tbsp
- 8) Bheja/cow brains 1-2
- 9) Pure ghee or butter ½ – ¾ Cup
- 10) Salt to taste
- 11) Medium onions, finely sliced 3
- 12) Green chillies, finely sliced 6-8
- 14) Inch piece ginger, cut julienne style 3
- 15) Handful coriander leaves
- 16) Limes cut into halves 3-4
- 1. Fry 2 sliced onions in ghee until brown.
- 2. Take out and spread on paper.
- 3. When cool, crush the onions and keep aside.
- 4. In the same ghee put in chilli powder and cook on low heat for a minute taking care that it does not burn.
- 5. Add the beef, garam masala powder, fried crushed onions and salt.
- 6. Fry and add 6 litres of water, cook on medium heat for 5-7 hours at which point the quantity of the gravy should be halved.
- 7. Meanwhile on a tava cook the ata on medium heat until browned.
- 8. When it cools mix in a little water.
- 9. Ensure no lumps remain. Pour into nahari, mix and stir properly.
- 10.Do not stir after this.
- 11. Simmer on low heat until the meat is cooked and enough gravy remains.
- 12. Before serving fry remaining sliced onions in butter.
- 13. When onions are browned pour the butter and onions over nahari.
- 14. This is called baghar. Cover with lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
Was this article helpful?