How To Setup VPN On Xbox One
The primary purpose for using a VPN on an Xbox One is to avoid regional limitations and prevent censorship difficulties. By changing your IP address, you gain access to content that might otherwise be unavailable in your location while also securing your data from potential hackers.
Unfortunately, the Xbox One, like most gaming consoles, does not have native VPN support. On the good side, there are a few workarounds for these limitations. We will teach you how to utilize a VPN on an Xbox One with a Wi-Fi router or your PC in this post.
How to Use a VPN on Xbox One on Windows
Another option is to use your PC as an intermediary. However, an Ethernet cable is required to make it work. Check to see whether your subscription is still current.
If all of the requirements are met, here’s how to use a VPN on an Xbox One via a Windows PC:
- Sign up for a VPN service.
- Download ExpressVPN on your computer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Xbox One. The port is normally found on the console’s backside.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your computer.
- Go to the “Control Panel” and click the “Network and Sharing Center” section.
- Choose “Change Adaptor Settings” from the list of choices on the left.
- Find the name of your VPN and right-click to open “Properties.”
- Click the “Sharing Tab” button to allow other users to join to the network via your PC.
Try to access a game that you know is prohibited in your region to check the VPN connection on your Xbox One. If all goes properly, you should be ready to play it without incident. If it doesn’t work, try the classic “unplug, then plug back in” technique with the Ethernet cable.
How to Use a VPN on Xbox One on Mac
Apple users are not worried because the same option exists for macOS devices as well. For using a VPN on your Xbox One, you will require the same features (an Ethernet cable and a current subscription). The procedure is simple and involves the following steps:
- Sign up for a safe VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- ExpressVPN should be installed on your Mac.
- Connect the Xbox One to the PC using the Ethernet cable.
- On your Mac, go to “System Preferences.” Click “Sharing” and then select “Internet Sharing” from the collection of options on the left.
- A “Share Your Connection” drop-down menu will display. Select “Wi-Fi.”
- Choose the Ethernet cable from the collection of network-enabled devices.
- Mark the box next to “Internet Sharing” on the list’s left side. A little green sign will display if the Xbox One is securely connected to your Mac.
- Finally, begin your preferred VPN service and connect to it via your Mac.
If both devices have been successfully connected, you are going to be able to use a VPN on your Xbox One.
How to Use a VPN on Xbox One on Router
The third way for using a VPN with an Xbox One is to configure a VPN on your router and then use the service on the console itself with no effort. You may read our entire guide for instructions on how to set up a VPN on your router. A lot of the most popular brands are represented in the guide. If you’re just looking for a few high-level instructions, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a VPN account at ExpressVPN.
- Log in to your VPN service account.
- Find the IP address of the router.
- Log in to the router using the IP address.
- You have to find the tab that manages the network connection. Depending on the devices, it may be listed under several titles (for example, “WAN Setup,” “Network”).
- Enter the information for your preferred VPN provider.
- Start your Xbox One and choose “Guide.”
- Go to “Settings,” then “General,” and then “Network Settings.”
- Hold “A,” then select “Set Up a Wireless Network.”
- Configure the console to use the router that connects to your VPN.
VPN providers typically include detailed guides on how to do this, so visit the website of your preferred provider for additional information.