Do you want to add an iPhone-like dynamic island notch to your Android smartphone? It may sound weird, but it’s actually possible. Dynamic Island is built into the new iPhone 14 Pro, but you can also add it to your Android phone using a third-party app.
It will work on any Android device regardless of their model and version. For those of you unfamiliar with the Dynamic Island, let’s discuss it a bit first, and then we’ll get to the tutorial part.
What is Dynamic Island?
Dynamic Island is a digital replacement for the traditional notch that has existed on older iPhone models since 2017.
Dynamic Island is an interactive notch that is actually part of the phone touch screen. It can show changes and notifications on the go.
It is the best notch design yet with the right use of the screen. Due to its adjustable and compact size, it does not take up much space on the phone screen.
Steps to Add Dynamic Island on Android Phone
The iPhone has Dynamic Island built into its design and system while it might not be possible with Android, but there is an app called DynamicSpot that can add a similar type of Dynamic Island to your smartphone.
- Download and install the Dynamic Island – dynamicSpot app on your Android phone. It is a free to download application that you can install directly from the Play Store. The size of the application is only 2.7MB, so it won’t take much time and bandwidth to download.
- Launch the dynamic island – the dynamicSpot application once it has been successfully installed on your smartphone. Press the Next button to agree to the terms and conditions of the app. You will now be asked to grant certain permissions to the app, which are as follows:
- Select the applications that can activate the pop-up window. Choose this option, then turn on the toggle button for each app you want to allow. You can also select all the apps at once by clicking on the ALL option in the upper right corner.
- Allow access to notifications. Tap on this option and it will take you to the notification access settings on your phone. There you need to find Dynamic Island – dynamicSpot application and activate it. You will get a dialog box asking you to allow permission. Read all the text and press the Allow button to continue.
- Allow permission to draw on the screen. Return to the Dynamic Island configuration screen and select this option. You will receive a disclosure message stating that the app is using the AccessibilityService API to display a floating popup for multiple tasks. Click Next, then you will be redirected to Installed Services settings. Find the DynamicSpot app and enable the button. You will get another popup message. Tap the Allow option to continue.
- Allow background active permission. This permission is required for the app to stay active in the background. Select the option, then tap Allow. Once you have completed all these steps, tap the Done button on the setup screen.
- Press the play button in the upper right corner to activate the dynamic island on your Android phone. There are various settings and customizations you can change in the app, such as notifications, behavior. appearance, position, etc.
Whenever you receive a notification, it will appear on your Android phone. Tap it once to open the displayed app. You can enlarge it and view more details by long pressing.
By default, you will see a small display island in the center of your Android phone screen like on the iPhone 14 Pro. If it’s not properly aligned with your phone’s notch, you can adjust its position. Just open the app and select Location. Now you can change the coordinates where you want to place the dynamic island accordingly.
So it was easy to add an iPhone-like dynamic island to your Android device with an app. Let us know your opinions about the dynamicSpot app. How similar is it to Apple’s original Dynamic Island on the iPhone 14 Pro?