As you might already know, the iPhone doesn’t offer a 3.5mm jack, so you can’t plug wired headphones directly into it. There is only one port available on the iPhone, i.e. the Lightning port, which is for charging. Apple also stopped supplying wall charger and headphones with iPhone packing box in 2020.
There are mainly two types of headphones available in the market today: wireless and wired. Apple also offers wireless AirPods and wired EarPods that you can purchase separately as accessories.
While wireless headphones may be more portable and easy to use, most people still prefer wired headphones because they are cheaper and can be plugged into your phone faster.
Obtain Wireless Headset Pairing with your iPhone via Bluetooth is a task in itself. On the other hand, wired headphones just have to be plugged into the jack and you’re done!
If you have 3.5mm wired headphones and want to connect them to your iPhone or iPad, we’ll show you how. This is possible using a simple adapter. We will also consider other ways in this article.
How to Use 3.5mm Wired Headphones with iPhone
iPhones only have a Lightning port, so if you want to connect wired headphones to your device, you’ll need to purchase one. Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter. This will allow you to plug headphones with a 3.5mm jack into your iPhone.
One end of this adapter has a lightning connector that will go inside your iOS device’s charging port. The other end has a 3.5mm jack where you can plug in your wired headphones. There’s nothing more to do – it’s a very simple plug-and-play solution!
Apple Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter
- Works with all Apple iPhones with a Lightning connector, including iPhone X, Phone 8/8 Plus, 7/7 Plus, iPhone 11 series, iPhone 12 lineup, iPhone 13 models and above.
- Provides the highest quality audio output to your headphones
- Works with all 3.5mm headphones and earphones
- Also works with iPad and iPod Touch
The Apple Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter is made by Apple itself. You can use this adapter to connect any wired headphones to your iPhone. This is a genuine Apple product that comes with a 1 year warranty. It is compatible with all iPhone and iPad models running iOS 10 or higher and equipped with a Lightning connector.
How to login
Here is a step by step guide –
- Plug in the Lightning connector adapter into your iPhone’s charging port.
- Insert your wired headphones or a helmet in the 3.5mm jack on the Lightning to 3.5mm adapter.
- When you connect for the first time, you will receive a prompt message on your iPhone asking you to confirm if you have connected a pair of headphones. Press the Listeners option and you are good to go!
- To test if your wired headphones have been connected successfully, open any music app on your iPhone, such as Spotify or YouTube, and play any song.
Sounce 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter Connector
The original Apple Lightning to 3.5mm adapter is a bit pricey. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, this is a good product. He does a very good job. Nothing bulky or heavy about this adapter, it is very light and extremely portable.
The original Apple adapter would be our recommendation if asked which adapter to choose. However, if cost is a major factor you consider, this Sounce adapter isn’t a bad choice either.
Use Apple headphones with Lightning connector
If you are looking to buy a new pair of headphones for your iPhone, you can buy the ones that come with a Lightning connector. This way, you don’t need to buy a 3.5mm headphone jack to Lightning adapter separately. Apple manufactures its own EarPods with Lightning connector. They can be plugged directly into your iPhone’s charging port.
- Easy and comfortable to put in your ears
- Compatible with all Apple devices with a Lightning port
- Volume control buttons to increase or decrease volume
- Control music playback with the play/pause button
- Answer and end calls with a simple press of the cord
How to connect 3.5mm Apple EarPods with USB-C port devices
If you have 3.5mm Apple EarPods and want to connect them to a non-iOS device that has a USB-C port instead of the Lightning connector, you will need to purchase another headphone jack adapter called Type C to Adapter 3.5mm.
On one end of this adapter, you get a USB Type-C connector that will go inside your smartphone or PC’s USB port, while on the other, you can plug your wired headphones into the jack 3 .5mm.
You can check out this Type-C to 3.5mm jack audio connector by Sounce. It is compatible with all OnePlus models and other smartphones with a USB-C port.
Since Apple devices do not have a 3.5mm jack, it seems impossible to connect wired headphones to them. But all you need is the right adapter to make this possible. Lightning to 3.5mm jack adapter lets you connect any wired earphone to your iPhone or iPad. We hope this guide has been useful to you. Stay tuned to our website for more interesting guides!