Your iPhone will automatically store the Wi-Fi network’s passwords when you access it. You won’t have to enter the password again every time you access the same Wi-Fi. Is it possible to see the previously stored passwords for Wi-Fi networks that you have connected to?
Until now, seeing your stored Wi-Fi passwords was not possible, however, iOS 16 now allows you to do so. When someone requests to join their devices to the Wi-Fi connection and you forget your Wi-Fi password, it can be a real pain.
Suppose, for example, that you want to join a different device to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone, but you would not want to request the password from the network owner. If you have saved your Wi-Fi password on the phone, you can simply access it in these cases. Let’s go into the brief details of it!
How to Check Current iOS Version of iPhone
To find out what version of iOS your iPhone is currently running, open the iPhone Settings app and select General. Now, go to the menu bar and select the About option. Your iOS version will be listed next to the System Software Version. You won’t be able to access the stored Wi-Fi passwords on the iPhone if your iPhone’s operating system is less than 16.
The Wi-Fi passwords you’ve saved on your iPhone aren’t visible to everyone who has an iPhone. We’ve included a list of the most basic requirements you’ll need to complete to apply.
- The iOS 16 version of your iPhone is required. iOS 16 is the first version to have this feature, however, it will be included in all future releases. Unless your iPhone is currently on iOS 15 or a prior version, you’ll need to upgrade it to the latest version.
- On your iPhone, you should have the Wi-Fi password stored. It’s only allowed if you’ve already connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Passwords for Wi-Fi networks that you’ve already joined on your iPhone cannot be seen.
How to Update iPhone to iOS 16
As of right now, iOS 16 is only available for select iPhone models older than the iPhone 12. It is expected to be available for all current models soon. Using the Settings app, go to General > Software Update to see if iOS 16 is available.
Now, your iPhone will check for a new version of its operating system. To begin the software update procedure, verify that an update is available and hit the Download and Install option.
How to Check Saved Wi-Fi Passwords on iPhone
Your iPhone’s Wi-Fi settings contain the password for the network to which you are currently connected. To help you out, here’s a step-by-step instruction.
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings application.
- At the top of the screen, select Wi-Fi. To get the password of a previously saved WiFi network connection, you should have your Wi-Fi enabled and connect to that network.
- To get more information on a specific wifi network, click the info I icon that appears next to the network. This will bring up all the information about the network you’ve chosen.
- Password input may be found on the Wi-Fi details page. The input field will include dots. The password is revealed by tapping on the dots. Face ID or a passcode could be used to confirm your identity.
- Clicking on the Copy option will take your password. Anyone who wanted to join the same Wi-Fi network can save or share this information.
Wi-Fi passwords on your iPhone come in handy on many occasions. When you forget the password to your personal Wi-Fi network, it may be irritating. Resetting your network can be a time-consuming operation, so we’ve included a quick workaround in this article.
There is a risk of difficulty when you ask for the password of a Wi-Fi network that you’ve previously used but can’t remember, even though your device needs to connect to the same network. We’ve simplified things for you. Let us know if you have any further questions about this issue in the comments.