Achaar Gosht Recipe
Achaar Gosht Recipe – Serve the Achaar Gosht recipe from this website to your visitors. This recipe is suitable for lunch or supper events as a complete course feast. The full recipe can be found on this devoted page.
Time 0:40 – 0:10
- 1 kg mutton leg
- asafetida (heeng) 1 gm/a pinch
- Cloves 5
- Cooking oil 60 ml/4 tbs
- Cumin (Zeera) seeds 2.5 gm/1 tsp
- Garlic, shredded 10 gm/ 2 tsp
- Ginger, shredded 5 gm/1 tsp
- Jaggery ( Gur )25 gm
- Lemon juice 30 ml/2 tbs
- Mustard oil (sarson ka tel) 20 ml/4 tsp
- Mustard (sarson) seeds 2.5 gm/ 1/2 tsp
- Nigella (kalonji) 2.5 gm/ 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 5 gm/1 tsp
- Red chilies, whole 6
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric (haldi) powder 2.5 gm/ 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt 240 gm/1 cup
- Clean and cut lamb into 1 inch pieces. Put to boil with 1.5 litres/5 cups of water, turmeric and salt. Reduce heat and simmer till lamb is tender. Remove pieces and reserve stock. Smoke mustard oil in a pan, reduce flame and add the other cooking oil. Add whole red chilies and sauté till chilies turn black, then discard the chilies.
- Crackle mustard seeds, cloves and asafetida in the oil. Add the lamb pieces, red chili powder, cumin seeds, nigella, jaggery, ginger and garlic and stir.
- Cook till the meat pieces turn brown. Stir in stock and lemon juice and simmer for 2 minutes. Reduce flame and stir in the yogurt stirring vigorously. Cook till the fat surfaces.
- Serve with naan or paratha. Garnish with deep fried onion rings, if desired.
Was this article helpful?