How To Use WhatsApp Without A Phone Number
To use WhatsApp, users must first verify their phone number. Until now, not all individuals wanted to share their private data with thousands of people.
If you want to remain anonymous on WhatsApp, you’re probably wondering if you can skip the verification step and create an account without providing your phone number. The simple answer is no.
To utilize the app’s features, you must have a phone number. But, it does not have to be your phone number. Continue reading to learn how to use WhatsApp without disclosing your mobile number.
How To Use WhatsApp Without A Phone Number
So you want to create a WhatsApp account but are worried about giving the app your phone number? Or perhaps you have decided to increase your online privacy by removing your data from this famous chatting service? You might discover that this activity is more difficult than it should be.
Because it is difficult to register a WhatsApp account without a phone number, you must use another or temporary phone number to complete the procedure. Also, WhatsApp does not allow you to remove or hide your number from an existing account, so you’ll need to register a new one if you want to get rid of your old one.
Let’s take a look at a few alternative methods for making a WhatsApp account without using your real mobile number. Some methods might not be available in all countries, thus not all will work for everyone. If you’re having difficulties with one solution, try another until you find one that works.
If you don’t have a landline and WhatsApp won’t take your phone number, you might try an online phone service. There are several apps and services that provide you with a temporary phone number from which to make and receive texts and calls. If you already have a favourite, go ahead and use it. TextNow will be used as an example because it is one of the most reliable services. There is also an app.
First, you’ll need to download TextNow and create an account. We will guide you through the method listed below.
- TextNow is available for iPhone and Android devices.
- Open the app and select Sign Up.
- Choose a signup option and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once you have created a TextNow account, click Get My Free Number.
- At the top, enter your desired area code.
- TextNow can provide you with various free phone number options. If none of them appeal to you, you can press Refresh numbers.
- Touch the required number to choose it.
- Copy your new phone number.
With a virtual number in hand, you can start the WhatsApp verification process.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android device.
- Click Accept and Continue.
- Next, enter the TextNow number you just created.
- Wait until you see the option to Call Me on the verification screen.
- Answer the phone and enter your verification code.
- To start using WhatsApp, enter the code and press Next.
Note: Not all TextNow numbers will work with WhatsApp. To be careful, test many numbers before settling on one to verify WhatsApp will accept it. If you have an Android smartphone, you can split your screen to see both applications at the same time, which makes the process a little easier. After you have found a number that works with WhatsApp, enter it into TextNow.
If you have a landline, you would not lose something by trying to use this during the WhatsApp verification process. When WhatsApp asked for your phone number, simply enter your landline number.
- Download and open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android device.
- Click on Agree and Continue.
- Enter your landline phone number in the verification section and click Next.
- WhatsApp will prompt you to confirm the number you provided. Confirm the number and then click OK.
- Now the app will try to send you a verification code. Because your landline won’t be able to receive it, you will have to wait a few moments before tapping Call Me.
- Answer the phone and listen for the verification code.
- Enter the code into WhatsApp, then press Next.
Keep Your Phone Number Private
This article will help you if you want to use WhatsApp on a smartphone without a SIM card or you are simply worried about your privacy. Use one of the ways listed above to create an account without your actual phone number and begin using WhatsApp without fear. If none of the virtual numbers work, try an old number that you no longer use or buy a prepaid number for this reason.
Which solution was helpful for you? Or can you recommend another service for creating phone numbers? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.