How To Trim A Video On TikTok
TikTok is a social network where users can publish short videos, add music, and display their talents, among other things. The social networking app is getting popular and expanding regularly.
You could be new to the platform or having trouble trimming your video. We created this article specifically for you! TikTok includes several editing tools and effects, making it simple to become confused in your search for TikTok fame.
In this post, we’ll show you how to trim your TikTok video and provide some additional tips along the way.
While many TikTok users create videos to share with their followers within the app, its growing popularity is due in part to the simplicity of the ability to share your works on other social networking platforms. TikTok allows you to post your videos on Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, and Facebook with the click of a button.
But many of these social media platforms only enable users to post short videos. Y ou might try trimming your video before posting and sharing it on other platforms.
Luckily, TikTok features an in-app trimmer that enables you to trim the videos you have just made. There are also third-party apps that could help you with this.
How To Trim A Video On TikTok
There are a few methods for uploading a video to TikTok. You can post a previously recorded video, Stitch or Duet someone else’s video, or record your own. This means that there are several methods for trimming your video. This section will go over the various methods for properly trimming a TikTok video.
Trim an Uploaded Video
It is simple to trim videos in TikTok using the built-in trimmer. The process is same on both Android and iOS smartphones. Just follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Open TikTok and tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
- To the right of the record button, select the Upload option.
- Then, select the video you want to upload to TikTok.
- Trim your video using the slider at the bottom of the screen.
After clicking Next at the top of this screen, you could add more effects, text, music, and other features. You can then continue posting as usual.
Trim a Video You Recorded on TikTok
You can still trim your video if you capture it with TikTok’s built-in camera feature. Just follow the instructions below:
- To record your video, tap the + sign at the bottom of the TikTok screen.
- Hold down the red record button to record the content you want others to see, then click the checkmark icon to go to the next page.
- On the right, select the Adjust clips option.
- To change the content, use the red slider at the bottom.
- When you’ve done trimming your video, click Save in the top right-hand corner.
Luckily, TikTok is so user-friendly that it will automatically play the trimmed video for you to preview before proceeding. This allows you to easily adjust the video till it’s right.
How to Trim a Stitched Video
Creating a video is one of the most effective ‘Reply’ methods available on any internet platform today. If you’re not familiar with TikTok’s stitch function, it’s where you take a little snippet of someone else’s video and replace it with your own.
To do this correctly, you should trim the original video to match your content inside the 60-second time limit. So don’t worry; it’s simple! Just follow these steps:
- Tap on the video to be stitched and then click the share icon on the right.
- From the option that appears, select Stitch.
- Drag the slider bar to the place where you want to start recording your own content. You can also cut the video’s starting. This allows you to capture a snippet in the middle or end of a video.
- When you’ve finished trimming the video, click Next at the top to add your own content.
You can make use of the Adjust clips option, as mentioned above, to further trim your movie before sharing it.
Third Party Tool for Trim a Video
If the TikTok app’s built-in trimmer does not meet your requirements, there is a number of alternative third-party apps that can help you. Even so, remember that not all of these editors are dedicated to TikTok videos and may not provide customised edits like the app itself.
To trim your TikTok videos, Android users can use any video editing app. PowerDirector, BeeCut, YouCut, and Inshot are among the most popular (and free) of these applications.
If you use the TikTok app on an iOS device, we suggest trimming and editing your videos with iMovie, Apple’s default video-editing tool. Splice or the Filmmaker Pro Video Editor is more options.
All of these applications are simple to use and require no prior knowledge. We recommend that you utilise TikTok’s built-in editor to trim your videos.
But, if you frequently need to edit videos that were not created on TikTok, we recommend using one of the external apps mentioned in this post.