Developed by Google itself, Google Pay is a popular online payment application that allows users to send and receive money quickly. In addition, you can manage your bank accounts from your iPhone or Android smartphone easily and safely, thanks to this app.
UPI is a payment system that has made it easy to make quick online transactions. For example, if your bank account has been removed from Google Pay, you can remove it.
For example, if the bank account has been closed, you want to add a new bank account or stop using Google Pay. Your bank account may be removed from Google Pay on both an iPhone and Android smartphone by following this method.
How to Remove Bank Account on Google Pay
Manage your payment methods in the app by removing bank accounts, viewing account balances, and changing UPI PINs, among other things. If you want to delete a bank account from Google Pay, follow these simple steps.
- On your iPhone or Android smartphone, open the Google Pay app.
- Click your profile picture.
- Now choose Payment methods.
- You’ll find your bank account(s) that you’ve connected to Google Pay here. Next, select the bank account you need to delete.
- To remove an account, click on “Remove Account” at the top-right corner of your screen.
- If you choose to cancel, a pop-up window will appear, asking you to continue. Simply click Continue, and your bank account has been successfully deleted from Google Pay.
What happens when we remove bank account on Google Pay
- Each of the UPI IDs connected with the account will be removed.
- Receiving money via Google Pay is not possible at this time.
- A new payment method must be added to send money to another person.
- As a result, you won’t be able to access Google Pay.
How to Change Bank Account on Google Pay
Google Pay makes it easy to add new payment methods. First, make sure you have the same mobile number on your phone as you have registered on your bank account before we start. Then, You can connect a new bank account to Google Pay by following these simple steps:
- Open the Google Pay app on your mobile device and sign in with your Google account. Then, use the latest version of the app. If you have an iPhone or Android device, you can get the latest version from the App Store or Play Store.
- Click on profile picture.
- Now click on the Payment methods.
- Click on Add bank account.
- Find your bank and choose it from the list.
- Your mobile number will be linked to your bank account as soon as you select a bank. To continue, click the Start button.
- You’ll be required to enter the last six digits of the ATM card and its expiration date.
- For your bank account, you’ll need a UPI PIN. In addition, you will receive an OTP on your phone, which you will need to input for verification. Once you’ve entered your new UPI PIN twice, you’re done. Google Pay will use your UPI PIN to verify your identity before completing any payments, so be sure to have it available.
Read this tutorial on fixing Google Pay OTP did not receive a problem if you are having trouble receiving OTPs on your mobile number for bank verification. You are then asked in the comment section. After that, your old Google Pay bank account will be removed, and a new one will be added.
We hope you find this guide helpful. For example, open Google Pay, tap on your photo at the screen’s top-right corner, and select Bank account. Click Set as primary account at the bottom of the page once you have selected your bank.