Mattar Pulao Recipe
Mattar Pulao Recipe – t is now straightforward to prepare distinctive recipes at home. On this website, you can find some delectable dishes. Prepare specialized Mattar Palao recipe by following the ingredients and method posted here.
Time 0:25 – 0:10
- 1 lb. Green Peas
- 1 lb. Rice Pakistani Basmati
- 8 oz Onion(Red)
- 8 oz Tomato
- 1 t Cumin Seed
- 1 t Cloves
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- t Red Chili Powder
- 1 t Salt
- 8 oz Butter (or vegetable oil)
- 1 T Chicken base/or 1 knor chicken cube
- 3 c Water
- Gather ingredients
- Coarsely cut onions lengthwise.
- Melt butter solids in a stockpot and put onions in and mix.
- When onions turn dark brown, add 3 cups water.
- Bring water to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until water turns brown.
- Strain mixture through cheesecloth and remove all onions.
- Put water back in stockpot and bring to boil.
- Add peas, tomatoes, cumin seed, cloves, red chilies, salt & cinnamon sticks and simmer for 3 minutes. Make chicken stock from base/cube.
- Add Chicken stock and bring mixture to boil
- Add rice. Water level should be 1 inch above rice. Add water if needed.
- Turn the heat to full.
- When the water is absorbed by rice, cover the pot and turn heat to low.
- Cook until el dente. (rice grains should be long and separable)