Boti Tikka Recipe
Boti Tikka – Boti Tikka is without a doubt one of the most delicious traditional Barbeque dishes. It can be cooked using mutton, beef, or chicken meat depending on your tastes. Boti Tikka is a hot and tangy dish that has been marinated with a variety of spicy sauces and flavors. Boti Tikka, which is also used in Paratha Roll, is the most popular Barbeque. It is very popular with Paratha and Kandhari Naan. It’s served with Onion Rings, Raita, and Green Chutney. Because it is easy to prepare, this Boti Tikka is perfect for Eid ul Adha dinner parties or any other celebration. Try this Boti Tikka recipe and share it with your family and friends.
Time 0:10 – 0:25
- 1 kg Beef boTi
- 1 teaspoon full salt
- 3 teaspoon red chili powder
(lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- approx ½ to ¾ tea spoon crushed raw papaya with skin
OR any other meat tenderizer
(kuTa hua kaccha papita chilkay ke sath)
- crushed ginger & garlic 1½ table spoon
(kuTa hua adrak aur lehsan)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
(lemon ka ras)
- oil for brushing on the boTi tikkas
while they are on BBQ
- For marination:
- 1.Crush ginger and garlic in pestle and mortar and then add a little water and crush a bit more so that all the flavors of ginger & garlic come in water. strain it and add only this flavored water to the meat in a bowl.
- 2.If you are using raw papaya crush it and add to the meat.
- 3.Add all the spices and lemon juice as well.
- 4.After adding every thing except oil,leave the tikka botti for marination for some time.
- 5.If you are using wooden(bamboo) skewers, soak them in water overnight or even for 1½ hrs is fine; so that they will not burn on BBQ.
- 6.Put boTi on the skewers leaving some space in between each botti, this will help them to cook evenly and quickly as well.
- 7.Depending on the size of skewers about 7-8 pieces per skewer will be fine.
- On the Bar BQ:
- 1.Light the BarBQ ahead of time so that its well hot before the tikkas are placed on it so that sudden high heat to tikkas will seal all the juices of meat inside and they will be nice and juicy & will not be dry.
- 2.Keep applying oil on the tikka botti when placed on the BBQ, when done on one side, turn them over and apply oil again.
- 3.When they change golden and no more pink juices drop from them they are done. Serve with chatni.
- IMPORTANT TIPS:
- Don’t add too much tenderizer, that will turn the boTi tikka to bihari kababs. amount of tenderizer depends on how tender you like the boTi tikkas to be.
- Bajia mentioned in reply to a comment that if no tenderizer is used then leave the tikkas over night for marination.
- To check that they are done, look for any drizzling pink juices in plate from the tikkas. ,if yes cook again for a while. don’t over cook.
- On query of a viewer Bajia mentioned in comments of this video that if someone does not have BBQ these tikkas can be made in oven on high heat but better result is on BBQ.
Was this article helpful?