The Hayat app is a revolutionary mobile application developed by Aga Khan University, aimed at making healthcare accessible in the most remote and rural regions of Pakistan. The app has been recognized for its novelty and innovativeness at the International Commonwealth Digital Health Awards, winning the top prize for the Maternal and Neonatal Health category. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide on how to use the Hayat app in Pakistan to improve access to reproductive, maternal, neonatal, and child health (RMNCH) services.
What is the Hayat App?
The Hayat app is a mobile application designed to digitize paper-based forms for vaccination and maternal care services in Pakistan. Through the app, frontline health workers can register families in the database, with each family receiving a separate QR code that acts as the source identification of the respective family and their data. The app also stores awareness videos that health workers can show to educate parents, family members, and mothers during health awareness sessions.
How to Use the Hayat App
- Download the Hayat app from the Google Play Store on your Android device. The app is available for use by designated health workers only.
- Register families in the database by entering their information and generating a unique QR code for each family. This QR code will act as the source identification for the family and their data.
- Use the app to record information about vaccinations, maternal care services, and other relevant health data. The data is uploaded to a central server, while the movements of health workers are tracked through GPS as they conduct activities in the field and record information.
- Show awareness videos stored in the app to educate parents, family members, and mothers during health awareness sessions.
- Utilize the SMS panel to send text messages to members of registered families about maternal and child health care services, influencing behavior and raising awareness regarding the accessibility and availability of services.
- Monitor and analyze data for various aspects of child and maternal services, such as immunization, vaccinator performance, defaulter children, child growth monitoring, deliveries, mother illnesses, and ANC and PNC visits.
Benefits of Using the Hayat App
The Hayat app has numerous benefits for healthcare workers and administrators in Pakistan, including:
- Improved access to RMNCH services in remote and rural regions.
- Digitization of paper-based forms, making data collection and analysis more efficient.
- Real-time tracking of health worker movements and activities through GPS.
- Increased awareness and education about maternal and child health care services through videos and SMS messaging.
- Enhanced monitoring and analysis of data for better decision-making and resource allocation.
The Hayat app is a powerful tool for improving access to maternal and child healthcare services in Pakistan’s remote and rural regions. By digitizing paper-based forms, tracking health worker movements, and providing educational resources, the app empowers health workers and administrators to make informed decisions and allocate resources effectively. If you are a designated health worker in Pakistan, download the Hayat app today and start making a difference in the lives of mothers and children in your community.