Due to the laws developed by the PTA, sometimes your phone will be blocked, but do not panic; this is not the end of the world. Instead, you have to follow this article and the instructions to unblock a PTA blocked phone.
Why Did PTA Block Your Phone?
After a while, your phone would likely be blocked if your mobile phone is not registered with PTA. Therefore, you must register your phone, allowing PTA to record devices legally imported and imported into Pakistan. In most cases, those mobile phones taken from abroad by the owner are not registered with PTA, and the applicable tax must be paid to continue using them.
How to Unblock a PTA Blocked Phone
- Follow this link to open the official PTA website.
- You can see a menu in the bottom right corner. Choose the last option to continue with ‘Online Mobile Registration.’
- Once you have clicked this option, you will automatically redirect to a new account and register as a new user.
- You are asked to provide your personal details, including name, address, email address, city, passport number, CNIC, and password.
- If all the information has been completed, the account registration process is complete.
- An activation link to access your account will be emailed to you.
- Log in and register your phone to your newly created account.
- You can only register one phone free of charge for a year. It is important to keep in mind. You’ll have to pay tax on all other phones that you might want to register.
- You must also add the IMEI that is found on the mobile phone box.
- You will receive a text message on your phone when you submit the form, and you will receive information on your PSID and COC ID.
- If you need to pay some tax amount for your device, it is also indicated in the SMS.
- You have to pay the tax in every major bank branch of Pakistan like MCB, ABL, and NBP to complete the registration of your PTA-blocked phone.
- A text message will be sent to you indicating that your phone is now approved by PTA when you pay.
How Much Tax Do You Need to Pay?
The calculation of taxes depends on the price of your device. And if you brought a foreign mobile phone, the tax is based on the current market price.