How to Reset Restrictions on an iPad
The iPad’s Restrictions feature allows you to restrict specific apps, games, media, and privacy settings. Restrictions are enabled under the General section under “Settings.” Once enabled, limits stay in place until they are changed or deleted, and all changes need the use of a secure password.
If you forget your password, the only method to reset the limitations on your iPad is to do a full system restore. However, before doing a restoration, make a backup of your device’s data to avoid losing any paid applications, music, or movies.
Back Up Content
- Connect the iPad to a PC running the latest iTunes version.
- Click “File,” then “Devices,” and finally “Back Up.”
- Select the “Back Up Now” option.
- Connect your iPad to a PC running the most latest iTunes version.
- From the iTunes interface, choose your iPad and then click the “Summary” tab.
- Click the “Restore” button to open a confirmation window, then click the “Restore” button again.
Restore From Backup
- Connect the iPad to a PC running the most latest iTunes version.
- From any iTunes page, choose the “View” button, then “Show Sidebar,” and then pick your iPad under “Devices.”
- Select “Restore Backup” from the menu.
Was this article helpful?