Even before it was released to the public, iOS 16 was generating a lot of interest on the internet. Even though it is scheduled for September 2022, there remains time for it to be completed. If you have an iPhone, can you simply download iOS 16 at this time? Thanks to the Public Beta version of iOS 16, this is now available.
It is now possible to get the Public Beta of Apple’s impending iOS 16 software upgrade on eligible iPhone devices. Installing iOS 16’s beta version on your iPhone or iPad will give you access to all of the new features. We’ve provided step-by-step instructions in this post on how to properly install iOS 16 Public Beta on the iPhone without losing any personal information.
There are both pros and cons to installing the beta version. With early access, you receive all the benefits, but you also take a significant chance of losing all of your iPhone data and running into problems with applications that don’t operate properly or face bugs and issues. Later in this post, we’ll go through the pros and cons of installing iOS 16 Beta.
iOS 16 Compatibility List
Only the below iPhone models will be capable of running iOS 16.
Only iPhone 8 and below models will be capable of running the iOS 16 Public Beta.
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone SE 2
How to install iOS 16 Public Beta on iPhone
Enroll in the Apple Beta Program before downloading the iOS 16 Public Beta configuration profile on the iPhone. Then, all you will need to do is install the config profile and you’ll be able to get the beta software upgrade for iOS. If you would want a thorough explanation of this method, here it is:
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad. Please keep in mind that just the Safari browser is supported. It won’t work with any other browser, such as Chrome.
- Visit the beta.apple.com website for Apple’s program.
- If you are a registered user of the Apple Beta Program, click on the Signup option. You’ll be prompted to enter your Apple ID at this time. Keep pressing the Continue button. Use Face ID will then be authenticated for security reasons. Please use the Sign in option directly if you are already a member of Apple Beta.
- Click on the Agree button after reading the Apple Beta Application Software Agreement if you want to proceed.
- Register your iOS device by clicking on the “Enroll iOS Device” button.
- Take a backup of your iOS device — You will now be recommended to do so. Even if everything goes wrong, you can always restore to the previous condition provided you back up the important files before installation of beta versions of iOS. You could use iTunes to back up the iPhone completely.
- The configuration profile – Under the Install profile section, click the Download profile option. To get the config profile, you will get a pop-up message that asks for your permission. To proceed, select Allow.
- Installation of Configuration profile – After downloading the config profile, go to the Settings application on the iPhone and select the Profile Downloaded option. For security reasons, click the Install button and confirm your passcode. Install should be selected three times. You’ll be required to reboot your device at this time. You don’t have to do that, therefore you can select the Not Now button.
- Install iOS 16 Beta – Find the Software Update option by going to Settings >> General >> Software Update options. A new version of the iPhone’s operating system is now being downloaded and installed on your device. As a result, you will see the public beta for iOS 16. Get it by clicking on the Download and Install page. The iOS 16 beta will be installed on the iPhone after the installation procedure is complete.
How to uninstall iOS 16 Beta from iPhone
Beta versions may have bugs, faults, or other difficulties because they are still in the testing and creation phases. Your iPhone may be restored to a previous iOS version at any time if you run into issues with the iOS 16 Public Beta. Many people will be more comfortable when checking out a beta program for the first time.
Installing the usual iOS update after removing the configuration profile is the only way to delete iOS 16 Public Beta from your iPhone. Select VPN & Device Management from the list under Settings, General. Select iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 Beta Software in the Config Profiles section. You may now remove your profile by clicking the Remove Profile option and entering your passcode. If you want to proceed, select the Remove button again.
After successfully removing the configuration profile, click Settings >> General >> Software Update to install the latest version. As a result, your iPhone will begin searching for an updated version of iOS (not the Beta).
If there is an update available, be sure you download and install it as soon as possible. If there is no latest update, you will have to wait. The iOS Beta update can also be removed by performing a restore on your iPhone that used a Mac or PC.
Benefits of installing iOS 16 Beta
- Before the public release of iOS 16, you will be able to test out the latest version of the operating system.
- The ability to test out new features before they are made available to the rest of the user base is available to you.
- The iOS Beta software could be downloaded for free.
- You still have the option to revert to an older version of iOS if you so want.
- You can provide Apple with useful input and report any flaws or changes that need to be done.
Disadvantages of installing iOS 16 Beta
- The beta version could not be compatible with all apps.
- All on your iPhone is at risk if it goes wrong.
- There may be some problems with performance.
- There could be security problems with the beta because it is still under development and not yet stable.
- Due to security concerns, several bank and financial apps could not operate properly.
This is how you may install iOS 16 Public Beta on your iPhone. You can do the same thing on your iPad, where you may download and install beta applications. We’ve covered all of the benefits and drawbacks of adopting the beta version. You may now test out iOS 16 ahead of time before it is released to the general public.
Let us know what you think of the new iOS 16 features before they’re released. Make sure to share this article with your friends and check out our website for more fascinating iOS and iPhone tips. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to post them in the comments section below!