Facebook is a social media platform that allows users to connect with friends, family, and others by sharing photos, videos, and text updates. On Facebook, you can choose to interact with certain people by following their posts in your News Feed, or you can choose to hide their posts to declutter your feed. Hiding someone on Facebook is a useful feature that allows you to keep someone as a friend, but temporarily remove their posts from your News Feed.
To hide someone on Facebook, you do not need to block them, which would prevent them from being able to interact with your profile or see your posts. Instead, hiding someone simply removes their posts from your News Feed, but you can still find their profile and interact with their posts if you choose to. By following the steps outlined in my previous answer, you can easily hide someone on Facebook without blocking them.
There’s always that one person in every group of friends who no one particularly loves but is tolerated anyway. And it’s a different type of pain when this person is socially active. You might receive updates about their posts or messages throughout the day, at which time you might desperately wish they would disappear from your life.
But, if such a miracle does not happen in our world, what about digital? Is it possible to keep someone out of your sight on a social networking platform while being friends? Is it possible to do anything like this on Facebook?
That is precisely what we are here to discuss today. So stay with us until the end to get answers to all of your questions about how to conceal someone on Facebook without blocking them or making them aware of your actions.
Hide Someone on Facebook Without Blocking
To hide someone on Facebook without blocking them, you can follow these steps in detail:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to the profile of the person you want to hide. You can do this by typing their name into the search bar and clicking on their profile from the search results.
- Once you are on their profile, click on the three dots (…) in the top right corner of their cover photo.
- From the drop-down menu, select “See Less”. This will hide their posts from appearing in your News Feed.
- If you’d like to temporarily hide someone’s posts, you can select “Snooze for 30 days”. This will make their posts disappear from your News Feed for 30 days, after which their posts will reappear in your News Feed.
Hiding someone on Facebook does not prevent them from seeing your posts or interacting with your profile. If you want to limit their interactions with you, you may need to block them.
How to Hide Online Status from Them
In the previous section, we learned how to hide someone’s updates from your Newsfeed. What if you don’t want to communicate with them through the platform? If that’s your problem, there are two methods to solve it: hide your online status from them and block their calls and texts. We’ve given step-by-step instructions for both of these steps below.
To hide your online status from someone on Facebook:
- Click on the menu icon in the top right corner of the Facebook page
- Select “Settings & Privacy”
- Click on “Privacy” in the left-side menu
- Under the “How People Can Find and Contact You” section, click on “Who can see when you’re online?”
- Change the setting from “Everyone” to “Friends except…” or “Turn off chat for some contacts”.
- If you select “Friends except…”, you can then choose to hide your online status from specific friends by typing their names into the “Hide this from” field.
- If you select “Turn off chat for some contacts”, you can then choose to turn off chat for specific friends by typing their names into the “Turn off chat for” field.
By hiding your online status, the person or people you have selected will not be able to see when you are online or available for a chat. This feature only affects the visibility of your online status in Facebook’s instant messaging feature. It will not affect your overall activity on the platform, such as when you post updates or comment on posts.
This brings us to the end of our blog. We’ve learned today that having a large number of Facebook friends says nothing about how you feel about each of them. There are friends with whom you have no emotions or with whom you have cut ties. If this person is an active user on your friend list, seeing too many of their posts or messages can annoy you greatly.
While you can’t block someone from Facebook, there are several other options for avoiding their presence on the platform, like unfollowing, limiting, hiding your active status for them, and blocking their calls and texts. The stages for each of these actions are listed above. Please feel free to tell us everything about it in the comments area if our blog has solved your problem.