Gol Gappa Recipe
Gol Gappa Recipe – Panipuri is another name for Gol gappa. Gol gappa is a famous street dish in India and Pakistan. Enjoy this tasty homemade simple dish at your leisure.
Time 0:45 – 0:35
- For Gol Gappa:
- • Semolina 1 cup
- • All purpose flour ½ cup
- • White lentils ground 2 tbsp
- • Club soda for kneading the dough
- • Oil for deep frying
- For Filling:
- • Potato 1 cup boiled
- • Bondi (small gram flour dumplings) 2 cups
- For Sour Water:
- • Mint leaves ½ bunch
- • Green chillies 3
- • Water 1 liter
- • Tamarind pulp ½ cup
- • Roasted coriander powder 1 tsp
- • Roasted cumin powder 1 tbsp
- • Chilli powder ½ tsp
- • Salt ½ tsp
- • Ginger 2 tbsp chopped
- • Lemon juice 3 tbsp
- 1. For Sour Water: In a blender put together ginger, mint leaves, green chilies and blend to a fine paste.
- 2. Mix in water with tamarind pulp, lemon juice, roasted cumin, roasted coriander powder, chili powder and salt, mixes well.
- 3. The water should be tangy and spicy. Strain water and keep in the fridge to chili or add ice and use.
- 4. For Gol Gappa: In bowl mix together semolina, flour, white lentil, knead with club soda to from stiff dough.
- 5. Keep aside for 30 minutes, and then knead once again.
- 6. Make marbles size balls with little oil on your hands, roll out into puri with a rolling pin, secure between two layers of wet cloth, roll out all of them and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- 7. Deep fry on medium heat till they puff up, reduce heat and fry till crisp.
- 8. To Assemble: Puncture the Gol gappa with tip of your thumb, add 1 tsp of filling and top it with the sour water, if you like it a little sweet add little sweet tamarind or plum chutney before adding the water.
Was this article helpful?