RingCentral is a cloud-based phone system that simplifies telecommunications for businesses. However, there are instances when employees leave the company or forget their voicemail PIN, necessitating a reset. The good news is that changing a voicemail PIN on RingCentral is quite simple. This article will guide you on how to change your voicemail PIN and how to change someone else’s PIN on RingCentral.
How to Change Voicemail Pin on RingCentral
If you wish to listen to your voicemail in RingCentral, you’ll need to enter your PIN. If you’ve forgotten it, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Here’s how to change your voicemail PIN on RingCentral using your PC
- Open the RingCentral app and go to “Settings.”
- Choose “Phone” and then “Voicemail.”
- Click on “Edit,” then go to “Voicemail PIN” and choose a new PIN.
- Click on “Save.”
You can also change your PIN using your mobile phone
- Open the RingCentral app on your phone and click on your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Go to “Phone” and then “Voicemail.”
- Find “Voicemail PIN,” click on “Change PIN,” and enter your new PIN twice.
- Once you’re done, choose “Save.”
How to Change Someone Else’s Voicemail PIN
As an administrator in your organization, one of your obligations might be to change the voicemail PIN on RingCentral for any team member. You can do this by logging into the Admin Portal:
- Go to the Admin Portal and find “Users.” Choose “Users with Extensions.”
- Find the user whose PIN you wish to change and go to “User Details.”
- Choose “Security,” click “Change Password,” and enter the new PIN twice.
- Finally, click “Save.”
Now your team member can access their voicemail using the new PIN you just created for them.
The Preconditions to Setting up a PIN on RingCentral
When choosing a PIN for yourself or someone from your team on RingCentral, you can’t just type in any combination. RingCentral cares about its users’ privacy and wants to ensure that your account isn’t easily accessed by others. Here are the preconditions to setting up a PIN on RingCentral:
- Only digits, no letters
- No consecutive numbers (for example, “1234”)
- No repeating numbers (for example, “1111”)
- PIN length is 6-10 digits
- No account information (for example, your phone number)
These rules help you create a strong PIN for your account that makes it difficult for others to guess, thereby safeguarding your company’s information from hackers.
How to Access Your Voicemail on RingCentral
Once you have established a new PIN, you may wish to check your voicemail. Here’s how you can do it using a PC
- Go to the “Phone” icon in the top left, and choose “Voicemail.”
- Click on a record to listen to it and see the sender and duration.
You can also use your phone
- At the bottom of the app, click on the “Phone” icon and go to “Voicemail.”
Now you can catch up on all the calls you might have missed during the day.
Apart from simply leaving and receiving voicemail, here are a few other functions that can be used on the RingCentral app:
- Mark as Read or Unread: This allows you to prioritize the messages that need your attention later.
- Delete a Voicemail: You can delete multiple voicemails at once to unclog your inbox.
- Call the Sender Back: This feature makes it simple to get back to a sender quickly without needing to look for a contact number.
- Share a Voicemail: With the Share feature, you can save a voicemail as an MP3 file and forward it as needed.
- Create Transcripts: Transcripts of voicemails make it easier to go through and retain voicemail information, especially when paired with a text-to-speech app.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to set up RingCentral?
RingCentral understands the importance of having access to voicemail as soon as possible. Unlike many other apps, RingCentral will be ready to use as soon as you sign up.
Do I need a new phone number just for RingCentral?
Getting a new phone number can be a hassle. With RingCentral, you can use the one you already have without having to update your clients about your new contact information.