How To Change Your IP Address On Any Device
Would you want to learn how to change your IP address? Changing your IP address is a simple operation if you want to protect your security, keep your surfing behavior hidden, change your location, or avoid limitations and restrictions. While you may do it manually, using a VPN is the best option.
This post will show how to update your IP address on various devices. We’ll also cover some often-asked issues regarding changing your IP address, such as whether it’s legal.
How to Change IP Address on Android
Signup for ExpressVPN on their website is the first step towards changing your IP address on your Mac. You must create an account after selecting a plan (1 month, 6 months, or 15 months) and a payment method. Here’s how to use ExpressVPN to change your Android device’s IP address:
- On your Android smartphone, go to the ExpressVPN website.
- Go to “My Account” in the upper-right corner.
- Sign in to your account.
- Choose “Set up ExpressVPN” from the menu.
- Choose the “Get it on Google Play” option.
- Hit “Install” to open the application.
- Login to the app.
- Choose “OK” to give the app permission to establish a VPN connection.
- Choose “OK” once again.
- Click the “Connect” button.
- To change locations, choose “More Options.”
How to Change IP Address on iPhone
The following procedure is applicable to all iPhone and iPad devices. To install ExpressVPN on your iPhone, follow the instructions below:
- On your iPhone, go to the ExpressVPN website.
- Go to the “My Account” option and then sign in.
- “Download ExpressVPN for iOS” should be selected.
- Open the application.
- To use ExpressVPN, click the “Connect” button.
- To change the server location, choose “More options.”
How to Change IP Address on Mac
Here’s how to use ExpressVPN to change your Mac IP address.
- Go to the top menu and select “My Account.”
- To sign in, enter your username and password. You’ll be taken directly to the setup page.
- Choose “Download for Mac.”
- Copy the activation code.
- To finish the installation, follow the in-app instructions.
- Enter your Mac username and password.
- Select “Install Software.”
- Copy the activation code and paste it into the ExpressVPN window.
- Choose “Sign in.”
Let’s see how you would use ExpressVPN to change your IP address now that you’ve installed it:
- Click the “Connect” button in the ExpressVPN window.
- Go to the three dots beside “Selected Location.”
- Select from one of the 160 server locations spread over 94 countries.
When you begin using ExpressVPN, your publicly accessible IP address will be changed or “hidden,” allowing you to browse the internet anonymously. This method is applicable to MacBook,iMac, iMac Pro, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini devices.
How to Change IP Address on Windows
Installing ExpressVPN on Windows is similar to installing it on a Mac. What you must do is as follows:
- Go to the “My Account” tab after you have registered an ExpressVPN account.
Please sign in to your account.
- Choose the “Download for Windows” option.
- Copy the activation code for later usage.
- Hit “Download” one more.
- Enable ExpressVPN to change your device.
- In the ExpressVPN window, click “Continue.”
- Continue to “Setup ExpressVPN.”
- Sign in after entering the activation code.
- Choose the “Connect” option.
- By default, Express VPN chooses the best location for your device. Click on the three dots next to “Selected Location” if you want to change it.
- Choose a server location.
That’s all. If you want to stop using ExpressVPN, simply click the “Connect” button once more.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.