Paying the PTA mobile registration tax is crucial for ensuring your mobile device works properly in Pakistan. The tax helps fund the PTA’s efforts to maintain quality of service and enable mobile usage across the country. It also allows the PTA to keep track of devices being used to help reduce illegal or smuggled devices.
Paying PTA Mobile Registration Tax Online in 2023
The process of paying the PTA mobile registration tax online involves a few simple steps:
Step 1: Create an Account on DIBRS Website
- To create an account on DIBRS, you first need to go to the website and click on “Register.”
- You will then fill out some basic information like your name, email, password, purpose for registering, and user type.
- Select “Personal” for user type unless you are registering multiple devices for a business. Read all instructions carefully before submitting your registration.
- Now, log into your account. On the left-hand side, click on the “Individual COC” option under the Certificate of Compliance section.
Step 2: Enter Your Device’s IMEI Number(s)
- Enter your phone’s IMEI number allows the PTA to identify your specific device and ensure it is not blocked or illegal to use in Pakistan before registering it.
- You can find your device’s IMEI number by dialing *#06# on your phone. Some phones have more than one IMEI number, so you need to enter all of them if your device has multiple SIM slots.
- On the COC application page, you will select the number of SIM slots your device has (1, 2, 3, etc.)
- Enter the corresponding IMEI number(s) in the fields provided. Entering the correct IMEI number(s) is important for registering your device properly.
Step 3: Generate Payment Slip Identity (PSID)
- After submitting your IMEI numbers, DIBRS will generate a PSID or Payment Slip ID.
- You don’t have to do anything to generate the PSID.
- Now, you will use online or mobile banking to pay the registration tax and fees for your device.
Step 4: Log in to Your PTA Account and Apply for COC
- To log in, go to the DIBRS website and enter the email and password you used to create your account.
- On the left-side menu, click on “Individual COC” under the Certificate of Compliance section.
- Select whether you are a local or international traveler. Follow all on-screen instructions carefully for the COC application.
Step 5: Provide Mobile Number and Operator’s Name
- On the COC application form, you need to enter the mobile number of the device you are registering along with the name of the operator like Jazz, Telenor, Ufone or Zong.
- Select which operator’s SIM card is being used in the device you are registering.
- International travelers who don’t have a Pakistani mobile number will need to enter their passport details instead.
Paying the PTA mobile registration tax online is quick and easy by following these simple steps. Make sure to have your IMEI number(s) handy and follow each step carefully for a smooth registration process. Paying this tax is crucial for using your phone properly in Pakistan. For any issues, you can contact the PTA helpline.